I hope everyone has had a wonderful break, as Term 4 is going to be an exciting and funfilled term! During the term we will focus on our Te Rapa H.E.A.R.T values. The first two weeks will be spent honing our skills around Honesty, with the remaining values Excellence, Aroha, Respect and Teamwork to follow.
To kick things off, our Seniors will be attending Motutapu Island for their 2020 Camp experience. This event is one of many, so please take note of the following dates and sing out if you have any questions.
Learning plan for Term 4
Prime Math students are continuing to work towards completing their current book and will be completing another review before the end of the year. All students will also be reassessed on their basic facts and number knowledge before the end of the term.
Room 18 will be continue with types of angles and triangles then move into Pythagorean Theorem. We will conclude with financial literacy.
Room 19 maths students will also be completing Measurement and Geometry before moving onto the topics above.
Room 20 will continue with Geometry and Measurement for strand; as well as Multiplication and Division.
Room 21 will be focusing on components of Algebra (Expressions, Formulae, Equations, Relationships and Patterns) and Number Review to finish the year off.
Students will be working on Explanation & Essay writing skills as well as developing paragraphs with supporting evidence. We will also look at some Narrative & Poetry Writing.
Spelling and Grammar -
We will continue to develop knowledge of spelling patterns, word origins, sentence structures and vocabulary development. We will also be focusing on proofreading & editing skills.
The reading focus will be the Availl Programme - Comprehension using subtitles, Critical thinking (identifying bias, fact, opinion, perspective, relevance, validity) and Evaluation. Students will learn how to make informed decisions about topics using their texts.
Inquiry - Our main focus for this term will be The Human Impact on our Environment. We will also be exploring career pathways for students to have a look at.
Physical Education and Health -
We will be preparing for Athletics Day which is in Week 5. We will focus on techniques for shot put, sprints, discus, long jump and high jump. Towards the end of the term we will be starting our Summer swimming programme, focusing on survival skills.
With the Waikato Full Primary School and the Te Rapa Primary School Art competitions to enter, students are invited to enter their best pieces from over the year or can complete a new piece either at school or at home.
- Week 2: Senior Camp - Motutapu Island
- Week 3: Monday 26 October: Labour Day. Wednesday 28 October: Looking to Lead (Student Councillors 9am - 12:40pm). Friday 30 October: New Zealand Playhouse, Chill
- Week 4: Tuesday 3 November, Possible Arts Performance: The Minstrel
- Week 5: Wednesday 11th November: Yr 7/8 Senior Athletics Day. Friday 13 November: Full school Assembly.
- Week 6: Looking to Lead (Student Councillors - Time to be comfirmed). Formal Dance Lessons begin. Swimming Instruction may start this week (weather dependent)
- Week 7: Wednesday 25th November: WFPS Athletics Day
- Week 8: Tuesday 1st December: Rainbows End for Student Councillors
- Week 9: Wednesday 9th December: Big Day Out at Te Awamutu Pools. Friday 11 December: Full School Assembly
- Week 10: Monday 14th December: Year 8 Leavers’ Dinner. Wednesday 16th December: School Prize Giving. Friday 18th December: School finishes @ 12pm
Please feel free to email me with any questions or queries during the term.Mr. Isacc Hunia