Last term we welcomed 'Casey' the caterpillar, into our class. We made her feel so welcome that she feels that she really belongs and doesn't want to leave!
This term we are very lucky to have Miss Byrne with us for 8 weeks. She is a teacher trainee and we are really enjoying having her to work with us.
Focuses for Term 2
- Reading: The focus is on 'learning to read' or 'reading to learn'. Through guided reading, independent reading, shared books and being read to students will develop greater understanding of texts.
- Maths: All classes are working with the Pr1me programme. Some of us are learning to add and subtract with regrouping or place value. Basic facts continues to be an important part of each Maths lesson. We enjoy getting to work with other children in the syndicate in our mixed Maths classes.
- Inquiry: This will be 3 whole days of fun and learning later in the term!
- Maori: Greetings/farewells, mihi and animals. We are using Google Slides to create our own pepeha this term.
- Te Rapa H.E.A.R.T: We are continually returning to these values and looking at what they mean for us. We are using Honesty, Excellence, Aroha, Respect and Teamwork to help make our classroom a happy and safe place for everyone!
- P.E: For the first five weeks our focus is cross country fitness. We're playing lots of fun games to get fit before our whole school cross country in Week 5. The second part of the term will be devoted to learning our class Jump Jam routine in preparation for the Year 3/4 competition in Week 10.