· ENGLISH: Guided and Shared Reading, Handwriting/Writing skills - Poetic, Narrative, Individual Spelling Programmes, Word Work, Big Book and Poems, Poetry Recital Competition
· MATHEMATICS: Students are cross grouped for Mathematics so each teachers' programmes will vary
· I.C.T.: Word Processing Skills in Publisher, Research Skills, using iPads
· CITIZENSHIP: Te Rapa H.E.A.R.T.—We will revisit and reinforce the acronym and focus on famous New Zealanders who have been inspirational. Brett Fairweather is very inspirational... and he's visiting our school this term!
· THINKING SKILLS: Thinker’s Keys –
The Question Key, What if Key and Commonality Key
Big Idea: Movement, sound and images are all powerful ways to communicate
Underlying Concept: Different cultures have ways of creatively responding to their environments and shared history
Context: Nga Toi
Deep Understandings: Arts happen every day in our community; When we see what others have made we can learn more about them.
· PE & HEALTH: Cross Country and our Syndicate Jump Jam Competition
· ARTS : Op Art, Drama Skills about Fairy Tales
· MAORI: Kapahaka/Maori – Instructions, feelings, Calendar, Counting