Te Rapa Primary

Te Rapa Primary School

Welcome to Room 3 Term 4 2018!!

I hope the children in Room 3 had a fantastic Term 3 break and managed to have some fun in good weather.  I am excited about what this last school term for 2018 has in store for us! 

In Room 3 we have 28 fantastic students and I am looking forward to continuing to teach and learn along with my students again this term.

Our Science Inquiry this term is entitled “Let the Force be with You”  it involves the students discussing and exploring different types of energies and how they can cause things to change permanently or temporarily.   Students can draw on any prior knowledge and information and apply this by predicting what might happen within different science experiments.  The big idea is ‘Energy’ and the students will follow the process of predicting, hypothesising and experimenting. 

MATHS We will continue to use the Prime maths books for our mathematics programme beginning this term with numbers to 100.

READING/WRITING - The children in Room 3 will be grouped according to their abilities for our Reading/Writing and Mathematics programmes.  

Maori - We will be learning basic Maori greetings as well as learning about a powhiri and the marae.

P.E - Our P.E. day is Thursday. Could you please make sure your child wears suitable shoes and clothing for being on the field for athletics practices.  The children will be participating in our athletics day later in the term.

Children are now very much aware of   Te Rapa H.E.A.R.T:  As part of our ‘Positive Behaviour for Learning’ school wide programme we will continue to focus on the  “Te Rapa H.E.A.R.T” values this term. Te Rapa H.E.A.R.T incorporates the school values we already have and will be part of everything we do at school. 

H = Honesty

E = Excellence

A = Aroha

R = Respect

T = Teamwork

I am looking forward to a final busy and exciting term for 2018, we have so many fun activities planned for this term so keep an eye on the school app as well as newsletters.

Mrs Michelle Foster