Te Rapa Primary

Te Rapa Primary School

Mrs Michelle Foster

Welcome to Room 3 Term 3 2018!!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Term 2 break and managed to get some good weather where ever you were.  I am excited about what this school term has in store for us! 

In Room 3 we have 28 fantastic students and I am looking forward to continuing to teach and learn along with my students again this term.

Our Technology Inquiry entitled “Animals in Action” involves the students in designing an enrichment toy or enclosure for a zoo animal.  This follows on nicely from last terms “Animal Antics” Inquiry.  Students can draw on any prior knowledge and information and apply it to this technology project.  The big idea is ‘Enterprise’ and the students will follow the process of Technological Practice which is thinking, planning, making, testing and evaluating when designing and creating the enrichment toy or enclosure.

MATHS We will continue to use the Prime maths books for our mathematics programme beginning this term with numbers to 20.

READING/WRITING - The children in Room 3 will be grouped according to their abilities for our Reading/Writing and Mathematics programmes.  

MaoriWe will be learning basic Maori greetings as well as writing a mihi about our family and learning some names for animals.

P.E Our P.E. day is Thursday. Could you please make sure your child wears suitable shoes and clothing for being on the field, courts and training for winter ball skills. The children will be participating in games focused around preparing for the school Cross Country.

The Arts - We are really looking forward to viewing and/or participating in the shows visiting this term as part of our schoolwide Arts focus.   Some of the groups we have coming to perform were shared in the school newsletter last term.  If you have not yet made payment for your child to attend these shows we would appreciate you doing so as soon as possible.

Last term we introduced  Te Rapa H.E.A.R.T:  As part of our ‘Positive Behaviour for Learning’ school wide programme we will continue to focus on the  “Te Rapa H.E.A.R.T” values this term. Te Rapa H.E.A.R.T incorporates the school values we already have and will be part of everything we do at school. 

H = Honesty

E = Excellence

A = Aroha

R = Respect

T = Teamwork

I am looking forward to a busy and exciting term as well as sharing your child’s progress at Parent/Teacher interviews, see you there!

Mrs Michelle Foster