Te Rapa Primary

Te Rapa Primary School

Mrs Christine Shadbolt

Room 5 Term 1 2018

Inquiry: Our Inquiry for this term is ‘Tools for Learning’. The students will be thinking, discussing and learning about what supports them to be a great learner. The aim is for them to know and understand what helps them with their learning and assists them with being a positive member of any group (family, class, sports team, etc) they belong to. Our school wide "Key Competencies” and "Citizenship with Excellence” programmes fit well with this topic.

ICT: We will be using the iPad and digital cameras to take photographs of a class mates and class activities. We will use the Word Programme to type up a Mihi about ourselves.

P.E. – Swimming and the Fundamental skills of hopping, skipping, jumping, side stepping and galloping will be covered and used in games this term. The children will swim in ability groups and cover Swim Start skills and activities at their level of confidence and ability.

Art – The students will do a jigsaw of their profile (face).

Te Reo Maori & Tikanga Maori (Maori Language) & Music:Pronunciation of Maori Vowels, basic Greetings and Farewells will be covered. The students will write and share a personal mihi (greeting). The mihi will be shared with all class mates in getting to know each other. The Te Rapa School song will be regularly performed with all students learning the meaning of the Maori words and the actions to the song. They will perform this waiata a ringa (action song) to others on appropriate occasions.